The course provides laboratory practice and experimental studies on topics covered in ECS 203. The course will give laboratory practice and experimental studies on topics mainly covered in ECS 203 (Basic Electrical Engineering). Topics include basic circuit theory, dc and ac measurements, RLC circuits, nonlinear components, and operational amplifiers.
- Welcome to ECS204! Feel free to look around this site.
- Instructor: Asst. Prof. Dr.Prapun Suksompong (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Office: BKD, 4th floor of Sirindhralai building
- Office Hour: M 9:30-10:30, M 14:00-16:00, R 16:00-17:00
- Room: BKD 3502
- Course Syllabus
- Group Number (Bench Number)
Calendar with Handouts and Course Material
|August 14, 2015||No Lab|
|August 21, 2015||L0: Introduction||S0|
|August 28, 2015||L1: DC Measurements||Q1||S1|
|September 4, 2015||L2: Network Theorems I||Q2||S2|
|September 11, 2015||L3: Network Theorems II||Q3||S3|
|September 18, 2015||P1: Practice Session + solution||SP1|
|September 25, 2015||E1: Midterm Exam (In Lab)|
|October 2, 2015||Midterm Examination Period (No Lab)|
|October 9, 2015||Midterm Examination Period (No Lab)|
|October 16, 2015||L4: AC Measurement||Q4||S4|
|October 23, 2015||No Lab (King Chulalongkorn Memorial Day)|
|October 30, 2015||L5: Resonance RLC Circuits||Q5||S5|
|November 6, 2015||L6: Diodes and Rectifiers||Q6||S6|
|November 13, 2015||L7: Operational Amplifiers I||Q7||S7|
|November 20, 2015||L8: Operational Amplifiers II||Q8||S8|
|November 27, 2015||P2: Practice Session + solution||SP2|
|December 4, 2015||
E2: Final Exam (In Lab)
- Equipment Manuals
- Y. Tsividis, A First Lab in Circuits and Electronics, John Wiley & Sons, 2002.
- C.K. Alexander and M.N.O. Sadiku, Fundamentals of Electric Circuits, 4th ed., McGraw-Hill, International Edition, 2009.
- D.T. Horn, Electronic Components: A Complete Reference for Project Builders, McGraw-Hill, 1991.
- Video: CU physicist Bob Richardson lectures on the propagation of electromagnetic radiation (1981)
- The last 10 minutes concern voltmeter and ammeter.
- Basic oscilloscope operation
- Exploding electronic components in HD