1. I want to study at SIIT. How can I apply?
Degree Programs: Please visit the following link for the admission procedure: http://www.siit.tu.ac.th/admission_en.php
Student Exchange Programs:
- Students from SIIT partner universities or Thammasat’s partner universities, please contact the international office of your university, and submit the documents through your university to SIIT. The closing date of application for August semester is 15 May, and for January semester is 15 October. See the application process at http://www2.siit.tu.ac.th/crd/?page_id=417
- Students from non-partner universities, you are welcome to apply as a non-exchange student (external student) with an academic fee. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2. What is the semester system in SIIT?
- Semester 1: August – December
- Semester 2: January – June
3. How can I apply for a Visa?
4. When should I register for courses?
Course registration period: a week before the semester starts (Students will receive list of courses 2 weeks before semester starts. Students must manage course schedule then send it to our staff for course reservation prior to arrival)
Course add/drop period: the first two week after the semester starts
5. How much is the cost of living in Thailand?
At least 12,000 -15,000 Baht per month, including dormitory rent and meals.
6. Where can I stay during my study?
There are a lot of private dormitories around the Rangsit Campus. SIIT also has its own dormitory at Bangkadi Campus. Staff from the International Affairs and Corporate Relations Division will help you search for a suitable place (upon request). Please contact our staff at email@example.com
7. Where can I learn Thai Language?
Basic Thai language courses (listening and speaking) are provided for new international students every semester. They are free of charge, without credit, but students who attend the class in the whole semester will receive a certificate.
8. How can I attend cultural activities and student activities in SIIT?
We provide many cultural activities for international students such as cultural trips, Thai language trips, etc. Also, we arrange for Thai students to assist all new international students as your ‘Buddy’. They will take care of you and bring you to join other SIIT student activities, such as a volunteer camp or a football match. All activities will be announced later in our Facebook Group (SIIT International Club).
9. Student ID card?
Please submit one-inch photo for student ID card. You have to show it for using sport centers and libraries in the university. Also, it is very important for examinations.
10. Health insurance?
We recommend that you purchase health insurance from your home country. If you do not, please contact our office for further information.
11. Will I get an academic record after my study at SIIT?
For Exchange students, your academic record will be sent to the International Office of your home university after finishing the student exchange program at SIIT. For the non-exchange (external) and degree students, please contact the Registration Office before leaving Thailand.