The course provides laboratory practice and experimental studies on topics covered in ECS 203. The course will give laboratory practice and experimental studies on topics mainly covered in ECS 203 (Basic Electrical Engineering). Topics include basic circuit theory, dc and ac measurements, RLC circuits, nonlinear components, and operational amplifiers.
- Welcome to ECS204! Feel free to look around this site.
- Instructor: Asst. Prof. Dr.Prapun Suksompong (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Office: BKD3601-7
- Room: BKD 3502
- Course Syllabus
- Group Number (Bench Number)
Calendar with Handouts and Course Material
|January 12, 2015||L0: Introduction||S0|
|January 19, 2015||L1: DC Measurements||Q1||S1|
|January 26, 2015||L2: Network Theorems I||Q2||S2|
|February 2, 2015||L3: Network Theorems II||Q3||S3|
|February 9, 2015||P1: Practice Session + solution||P1|
|February 16, 2015||E1: Midterm Exam (In Lab)||Cover Page|
|February 23, 2015||L4: AC Measurement||Q4||S4|
|March 2, 2015||Mid-term Examination Period (No Lab)|
|March 9, 2015||Mid-term Examination Period (No Lab)|
|March 16, 2015||L5: Resonance RLC Circuits||Q5||S5|
|March 23, 2015||L6: Diodes and Rectifiers||Q6||S6|
|March 30, 2015||L7&8: Operational Amplifiers||Q7||S7&8|
|April 6, 2015||No Lab|
|April 13, 2015||No Lab|
|April 20, 2015||P2: Practice Session + solution||P2|
|April 27, 2015||E2: Final Exam (In Lab)|
- Equipment Manuals
- Y. Tsividis, A First Lab in Circuits and Electronics, John Wiley & Sons, 2002.
- C.K. Alexander and M.N.O. Sadiku, Fundamentals of Electric Circuits, 4th ed., McGraw-Hill, International Edition, 2009.
- D.T. Horn, Electronic Components: A Complete Reference for Project Builders, McGraw-Hill, 1991.
- Video: CU physicist Bob Richardson lectures on the propagation of electromagnetic radiation (1981)
- The last 10 minutes concern voltmeter and ammeter.
- Basic oscilloscope operation
- Exploding electronic components in HD