The deadline for submission of applications is 22 May 2021.
The list of application documents is shown
Admission schedule for August 2021 (Tentative). It should be noted that, during 22 May - 25 June 2021, there will be a special orientation. All applicants are expected to attend this orientation.
Interested applicants should inquire detail information from the contact person (listed
), or from the admissions office at SIIT before submitting the application.
The application documents have to be sent to
and one hardcopy of the application documents need to be sent to the following address.
(For JAIST-SIIT Dual Degree Application)
Dr. Thanaruk Theeramunkong
Sirindhorn International Institute of Technology, Thammasat University
131 Moo 5 Tiwanont Rd. Bangkadi Muang Pathumthani 12000 THAILAND
Ext. 2004 (Tel.)
+66-2-501-3505 (-20) Ext. 2001 (Fax)
Applicants are required to initiate a contact with both SIIT professors and NSTDA researchers in their research field of interest. Please also identify the status of contact for all professors.
During the first year, students will take a separate screening exam administered each year by JAIST to be enrolled at JAIST from the second year of this program with reference to the general regulations of student admission of JAIST. Successful
students of the screening exam administered by JAIST will be enrolled at JAIST in October of the second year of this program. Students participating in this program will be given a status of regular student at SIIT from the first year and at
JAIST from the second year.
JAIST (Used in the second year).
- Checklist. [Download]
- Request letter for admission.
- Application form. [Download]
- Transcript of Master's program.
- Certificate of completion of Master's program.
- (Optional) Certificate of Master's Degree.
- Certificate of studentship with current transcript at Doctoral level from SIIT.
- Research outline.
- One photocopy of Master's thesis.
- If the thesis is not written in English, the table of contents and the abstract of the thesis in English must be attached.
- If applicants completed their master's program without master's thesis, documents written in their previous research work can be used in place of photocopy of master's thesis.
- Copy of the score report of TOEFL, TOEIC, or IELTS (Academic) which is not more than two years old as of the application deadline.
- Certificate of entrance examination fee payment.
- Students should pay 30,000 Japanese Yen (as of 2013) as the screening fee when applying JAIST. Follow the regulation of JAIST for the payment method.
SIIT shall put together all the above application documents and submit them to JAIST along with the list of the students participating in this program.